BELOW ARE SOME BIZARRE, INTERESTING, AND FUNNY FACTS OF THE HUMAN BODY!
1. Your nose and ears continue growing throughout your entire life.
2. It’s impossible to sneeze with your eyes open.
3. People generally read 25% slower on a computer screen compared to paper.
4. Weight of the eyeball is approximately 28 grams.
5. It’s impossible to hum while your nose is plugged close.
6. The human nose can remember up to 50000 different smells.
7. On average men has a larger noses than women.
8. Our eyes can distinguish up to ten million color surfaces and take in more information than the largest telescope known to man.
9. We make around 1 to 1.6 liters of saliva a day.
10. The brain uses over a quarter of the oxygen used by the human body.
11. Amazingly humans have 50% of the same DNA as in a banana.
12. You have no sense of smell while sleeping.
13. People with dark skin wrinkle later than people with light color skin.
14. It is believed that the main purpose of eyebrows is to keep sweat out of the eyes.
15. Men hiccup more than women.
16. Most adults have 32 teeth.
17. A sneeze generates a wind of 166km/hr (100mi/hr), and a cough moves out at 100km.hr (60 mi/hr).
18. The human body has enough iron in it to make 3 inches long nail.
19. Excessive body hair is linked to higher IQs.
20. Humans have unique fingerprints as well as unique tongue prints.
21. The tongue is the strongest muscle in your body.
22. The tips of your fingers have enough strength to support your whole body.
23. Enamel is the hardest substance in the human body.
24. Your brain is more active and thinks more at night than during the day.
25. Human hair and nails continue to grow after death.
26. You burn more calories while sleeping than watching TV.
28. No brain necessary for ejaculation (or, the Pope is Catholic) The order to ejaculate comes from the spinal cord, not the brain.
29. Semen can cure depression, Apparently semen contains chemicals that elevate mood, increase affection, induce sleep, and contain at least three antidepressants. It also contains cortisol, which is known to increase affection; as well as estrone, which elevates mood; oxytocin, which also elevates mood; thyrotropin-releasing hormone, which is another antidepressant; melatonin, which is a sleep aid; and serotonin, which is a well-known antidepressant neurotransmitter.
30. I’m sorry in advance for this one. This is when a man gets an erection after being hanged, also known as a “death erection.” I said I was sorry.